Historic Midas Saloon, ca. 1958. There were originally three buildings on the site, most notably Primeaux's General Store, the first business to open in Midas. The store building was torn down in 1958, and the wood was used to construct the Midas Bar and Pack Station, which later became the Midas Saloon and Dinner House.
The wooden bar was made in the 1890's in New York, carried by ship around the Cape to San Francisco, where it was delivered to Golconda by wagon train. It was relocated to the Midas Bar and Pack Station in 1958.